[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 00:46:20 UTC 2014

On 07/07/2014 07:47 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> Reading about systemd, it seems it is not well liked and reminiscent of
> Microsoft's "put everything into the Windows Registry" (Win 95 onwards).
>
> Is there a practical alternative to omnipresent, or invasive, systemd ?

So you are following the thread on the Fedora list?  I have been
ignoring it.

Best I can tell is learn it and use it.  And if you have any services,
fix them so that they work with systemd.  I work with one that does not
and it is very slow to complete its startup.