[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 08:44:46 UTC 2014
Frantisek Hanzlik <franta at hanzlici.cz>

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 07/07/2014 06:47 PM, Always Learning wrote:
>> Reading about systemd, it seems it is not well liked and reminiscent of
>> Microsoft's "put everything into the Windows Registry" (Win 95 onwards).
>>
>> Is there a practical alternative to omnipresent, or invasive, systemd ?
>>

> The answer to this is no, replacing systemd with something else is just
> way to invasive.
>
> Since new versions of CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, Fedora, OpenSUSE,
> Arch, Mageia and other Linux distros are all switching to systemd as the
> default .. I would suggest that learning how to use it is going to be
> the way to go.

I just hope that the distribution of implementing systemd are not so
shortsighted (or rather pushing force) as Fedora/RHEL and besides him also
offer other alternative (OpenRC is IMO very good candidate, although
with sysvinit and upstart I was also satisfied - both did _reliably_
their jobs).

Franta Hanzlik