[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 13:04:52 UTC 2014
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 02:09:49PM +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> On 08.07.2014 13:57, Scott Robbins wrote:

> > Now that it's insinuated itself in the RHEL system, I do wonder if it is
> > going to start driving people away.  In many ways, IMHO, RH has become the
> > Windows of Linux, with no serious competitors, at least here in the US.
> > Sure, some companies use something else, but when I had to job hunt last
> > year, 90-95 percent of the Linux admin jobs were for RedHat/CentOS/OEL/SL
> > admins.
>
> That presumes that your conservative attitude is the majority opinion
> though.

Very true. I do remember Adam Williamson of Fedora commenting on their
forums that he pictured many of the complainers about various changes,
including systemd, to be old white guys, which fit me to a T.

Systemd is one of the features that I have been looking forward
> to in CentOS 7 because of the new capabilities it provides so while this
> will surely drive some people away it will actually attract others and
> if you think that this will lead to some sort of great exodus then I
> think you are mistaken.

That's not what I said.  I said I wondered if it would.
I suspect it won't. Whether this is good or not depends upon one's point of
view.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6