[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 16:12:39 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Andrew Wyatt <andrew at fuduntu.org> wrote:

> This is an unfortunate problem in the community today, anyone who disagrees
> with status-quo is "just an antique", it's insulting to say the least.  It
> doesn't matter our experience, we're just "causing trouble" because we
> "don't want change" which is an excuse that isn't even remotely true.
>  Eventually when all these "old guys" leave, all that will be left are the
> inexperienced kids and that's when the real problems will begin to surface.

The people promoting change most like do not have a large installed
base of their own complex programming to maintain or any staff to
retrain.

>  There are a few good reasons to adopt systemd, but the bad outweigh the
> good in my opinion.

My opinion is that if a new system is really better, then it should be
capable of handling everything the previous standard did
transparently.   If it can't, then it's not really better.  It is just
different.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com