[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 17:31:52 UTC 2014

On 07/08/2014 01:19 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
>> On 07/08/2014 12:06 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> <snip>
>> There are alot of possibilities here, if you're willing to think outside
>> the 1970's timesharing minicomputer box that gave rise to the historical
>> Unix philosophy.  And this has nothing to do with Windows; I have been a
>> primarily-Linux user since 1997.
> ROTFLMAO! And can you explain the difference between "cloud" and
> "time-sharing on a mainframe"?

Yes I can.  I did/do both.  There are many things I do not like about
'cloud' and the security ones are going to be tough nuts to work out.
But it is the way computing is dividing up.  I like the isolation of
ownership and risks that 'cloud' enables.

I did time-sharing on a MARK-IV.  I don't miss it.