[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 18:08:47 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 7/8/2014 6:53 AM, Ned Slider wrote:
> That's not always true.
>
> Some configs that were under /etc on el6 must now reside under /usr on el7.
>
> Take modprobe blacklists for example.
>
> On el5 and el6 they are in/etc/modprobe.d/
>
> On el7 they need to be in/usr/lib/modprobe.d/
>
> If you install modprobe blacklists to the old location under el7 they
> will not work.
>
> I'm sure there are other examples, this is just one example I've
> happened to run into.

this is insane.   traditionally in Unix-like systems, /usr is supposed
to be able to be read only and sharable between multiple systems, for
instance in NFS boot scenarios.   /var is specifically for host-specific
complex configuration and status stuff like /var/logs   /var/state
/var/run   and so forth.