[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 20:07:39 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>> Our servers tend to just run till they die.  If we didn't need them we
>> wouldn't have bought them in the first place.  I suppose there are
>> businesses with different processes that come and go, but I'm not sure
>> that is desirable
>
> what proves you never done serious IT

No, it means our servers run for years,

> the goal of standby servers in case of virtualization is that
> you know there may be load peaks from time to time but mostly
> you don't need up 4 servers

We design to handle a whole data center failure in only the time it
takes for a new client connection.  With/without systemd, nobody is
going to wait for a new server to spin up.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com