[CentOS] Moving sshd listen port SOLVED

Wed Jul 9 18:42:37 UTC 2014

On 07/09/2014 02:11 PM, Mike McCarthy, W1NR wrote:
> My COS6 server never required me to do that even though SELinux is
> enabled there (I didn't even know it was until today). Before I even
> posted the first help I tried the semanage command and found that it was
> not installed so I assumed wrongly that SELinux was not enabled.

I just check the notes I made when setting up my DNS Centos 6 server
from scratch.  The date that I built this server looks like Sept '11.
One of the first steps after the install was to move sshd to my perfered
port number and my notes include the semanage command.

Looking back in the Fedora list archive, I am seeing help on this for
F12 and that was Jan '10.