[CentOS] CentOS 7, not systemd questions

Wed Jul 9 19:32:13 UTC 2014
Veli-Pekka Kestilä <centos at vpk.nu>

On 9.7.2014 20:35, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Question 1: has anyone used preupgrade (I used it with fc 17 -> 19, and it
> pretty much appeared to work, but that was on a couple of worksttions)?
> Opinions?
> Question 2: is grub still supported, or is there something that *FORCES*
> you to use grub2?
>
>        mark "grub2 must DIE!"
It doesn't seem to have default packages. But you can always compile
your own. Of course when kernel updates you need to update config by hand.

Or you could do sensible thing and learn to change grub2 configs. It
wasn't that hard when I had to change some kernel boot parameter.

-vpk