[CentOS] CentOS 7, not systemd questions

Wed Jul 9 20:19:07 UTC 2014
Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com>

On 07/09/2014 02:48 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us
wrote:
> Interesting... can I do that with the preupgrade from 6.5? And I *rarely*
> see grub updated....

I'm not familiar with preupgrade, but I would guess that this method
wouldn't work.  (Actually I'd be somewhat surprised if it were possible
to do an in-place upgrade from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and get a properly
functioning system; the differences between the two are so large.)

I pretty much always do side-by-side installs and then move data and
configurations over.

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno at gmail.com
           Sent from the cloud -- where it's already tomorrow