[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Thu Jul 10 16:17:07 UTC 2014
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Tue, July 8, 2014 08:09, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> That presumes that your conservative attitude is the majority opinion
> though. Systemd is one of the features that I have been looking forward
> to in CentOS 7 because of the new capabilities it provides so while this
> will surely drive some people away it will actually attract others and
> if you think that this will lead to some sort of great exodus then I
> think you are mistaken. Not everybody is this uncomfortable with change.
>
> Regards,
>   Dennis

Well, while Linus Torvald is not everyone, he is certainly someone.  And I do
not believe, although I could be mistaken on the point, that Linus's current
thoughts on Systemd would be considered printable in a public forum.  At a
guess, I would put it right up there with Gnome2 in his estimation

Canada  L8E 3C3