[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Thu Jul 10 16:58:33 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 12:47 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Always Learning wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 10:39 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> >
> >>         mark "we won't talk about the month I punch Addressograph
> >> plates...."
> >
> > Addressograph plates?  That is really ancient !  but they were
> > incredible useful in those days.

> Yeah... but did you ever do it, or see it done? Forget the old manual
> Underwood, this required actual *force* hitting the keys (yes, the machine
> was electric). No speed, either - the actuator arms had to hit the metal.
> WHAM-WHAM-WHAM-WHAM

Saw the plates being used to emboss invoices. Power Sumas cards then
produced the invoice details.  Then along came a Honeywell 1250, a punch
room, coding sheets, masses and masses of punched cards, manual hand
punches, electric punching machines and verifiers and even an electric
portable verifier too.  Only had to wait for about 60 to 90 minutes for
the results of a Cobol programme, meanwhile nothing else ran.

Wish I had photographed everything then.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.