[CentOS] CentOS7: vncserver - desktop resolution

Fri Jul 11 13:13:22 UTC 2014
Martin Moravcik <centos at datalock.sk>

On 10/07/14 02:22, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On 07/09/2014 08:24 AM, Martin Moravcik wrote:
>> Please, let me know, if you have any idea.
>
> Hi,
>
> You need to copy the file from /lib/systemd/system/vncserver at .service to
> /etc/systemd/system/ as per the instructions in the vncserver at .service
> file (the 4 points under "Quick HowTo" at the beginning).
>
> I copied mine to /etc/systemd/system/vncserver@\:1.service and it works
> (I get the geometry specified there).  I'm in Fedora 20 (haven't tested
> this on CentOS/RHEL 7) but it should be the same.
>
> HTH,
> Jorge

Thanks for your response.

The part of setting, described by you, I did, and the vncserver works
fine. But the resolution of the desktop after connecting via VNC is not
the one, which I set in the vncserver@:3.service.
I can change the resolution in the graphic environment, but the
available resolutions do not suit my needs.

As I said before, in CentOS6 the desktop resolution corresponds with the
parameter -geometry in /etc/sysconfig/vncservers file. And I would like
to behave my centos7 the same way.