[CentOS] nvidia ethernet port not detected centos 7

Sun Jul 13 05:01:58 UTC 2014
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Ted Miller <tedlists at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 07/12/2014 11:44 PM, sathish wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> When i tried to install centos 7, my nvidia ethernet port not detected
>> during installation whereas all of other distros working perfectly
>> without any problem... Pl help..
>>
>> my rig is AMD Athlon x2 64 processor and Nvidia chipset..
>>
>> output of lspci -nn | grep -i net
>>
>> 00:0a.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: NVIDIA Corporation MCP77 Ethernet
>> [10de:0760] (rev a2)
>
> Was it not detected or not enabled?  By default, NO network ports are
> enabled on RHEL (and thus on Centos) since CentOS 6.  See
> http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6 Question #2.

A number of drivers have been disabled in RHEL/CentOS-7. As explained
in Ned's post, forcedeth is one of them. Why do we know that's the
right driver? The OP provided the deviceID pairing [10DE:0760]. You
can find it in ELRepo's web page at http://elrepo.org/tiki/DeviceIDs .

By the way there is a request to enable it in the centosplus kernel (
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7359 ), so it will be there in the
next kernel update.

Akemi