[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Mon Jul 14 14:48:30 UTC 2014

William Woods wrote:
> On Jul 14, 2014, at 7:15 AM, Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2014-07-14 at 06:42 -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
>>
>>> Having been working with UNIX like systems since 1985
>>> my biggest complaint with systemd is it so intrusive, it wants to be
>>> everything which makes
>>> it vulnerable to bugs and exploits - umm.. like Windoze!
>>
>>> My $.02
>>
>> + $ 10.00 :-)
>
> Because UNIX has never had a bug or exploit right ?

Well... we know that > 50% of the Web and 'Net runs on Linux and other
unices. Compare and contrast the number of Windows Server vulnerabilities
that have been exploited to those of *Nix... and, for extra credit, how
fast they were admitted, and fixed.....

       mark