[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Mon Jul 14 15:58:08 UTC 2014
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
> On 07/14/2014 11:26 AM, William Woods wrote:
>> On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:19 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>>> William Woods wrote:
>>>
>>> Please stop top posting.

>>> I suggest you google with the following search criteria: "windows server"
>>> exploits
>>>
>>>       mark
>> Sigh, nothing like a zealot. ALL OS's have vulns and exploits, no matter what you decide to believe.
>>
> Sigh, nothing like someone who is in a constant state of deniability.

      Ok, I posted last week a question in this list about configuring
two interfaces, one of which being a bridge, to get dhcp and make the
bridge one be the primary one as far as which dns and router to pick.

Using systemd only was my requirement. i.e. using /etc/systemd/system/
instead of /etc/sysconfig/network{,-scripts}.

The replies I got were "oh, you can still use
/etc/sysconfig/network{,-scripts} with systemd *for now*, so you can
kludge it together." What's the point then? systemd is supposed to
handle something as simple as two little interfaces; I am not even
talking about vlans and virtual interfaces. I know how to do it using
/etc/sysconfig/network{,-scripts}, but that is besides the point. If
systemd is the Way of the Future, I should be able to do this simple
configuration in it in CentOS 7. After all, with CentOS 7, systemd is
the de facto way to do things, right?

I do sound annoyed because I am: I keep hearing about how systemd is
"going to liberate us from the Old White Man way of doing things," and
I am willing to be the devil's advocate here for I plan on using Linux
in the foreseeable future. But, if it cannot deliver me two little
interfaces up and running -- not asking for cookies and a massage but
would not turn them down if I get my interfaces up and happy -- I do
have an issue.

So, for those who know the Way of The systemd, please show me here or
in my thread (so we keep this one on-topic) how to do that in a
completely systemd-networkd way (and why what I wrote is boink). Is
that too much to ask?