[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 15 14:46:30 UTC 2014
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

On 15 Jul 2014 14:38, "Jonathan Billings" <billings at negate.org> wrote:

> 4.) Debugging.  Why is my unit not starting when I can start it from
> the command line?  Once I figured out journalctl it was a bit easier,
> and typically it was SELinux, but no longer being able to just run
> 'bash -x /etc/rc.d/init.d/foobar' was frustrating.  sytemd disables
> core dumps on services by default (at least it did on Fedora, the
> documentation now says it's on by default.  Huh.  I should test
> that...)

Jon as a heads up this isn't a systemd/el7 thing necessarily...

Look at the daemon function in /etc/init.d/functions that most standard EL
init scripts will be using...

Core files have been disabled on things started with that by default (need
to export a variable in the environment of the script usually via
sysconfig) the whole of el6 ...