[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 15 15:33:58 UTC 2014

Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 09:50:18PM -0700, Keith Keller wrote:
>> On 2014-07-15, Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've been using systemd ever since it was introduced in Fedora, and
>> > the RHEL7 beta and CentOS7 final since it came out.  I could tell you
>> > about all the positive and negative experiences I've had.
<SNIP>
> 3.) Old SysVinit services that did something other than
> start/stop/restart/status no longer work.  While this was nice for
> consistency, it means that porting to systemd will require alternative
> methods.  This really bugged me at first, but from the perspective of
> a systems management person, I can see why it was kind of a hack, and
> not consistently implemented.
<snip>
This one does bother me. I may not want to restart a production instance
of apache, when all I want it to do is reload the configuration files, so
that one site changes while the others are all running happily as clams.

     mark