[CentOS] syslog-ng 2.1.4 - file sources are read only when reload or restart is performed?

Thu Jul 17 18:21:18 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 7/17/2014 6:19 AM, Rafał Radecki wrote:
> The problem is that changes in /logs/stdout.log are only visible in
> /var/log/20140717/stdout when I perform /etc/init.d/syslog-ng reload or
> restart. I tried several settings of flush_*, log_fifo_size and follow_freq
> but with no luck :D
>
> Is it a problem withe the version that I use (quite old :D ) or is there a
> mistake in my configuration maybe?

afaik, syslog-ng isn't part of CentOS 5, and there is no top level
directory /logs/ at all, logging is done to /var/log and the syslog
config files are in /etc, so you must have a heavily customized system
configuration. Since noone can possibly know what all you've done, it
seems like you're on your own here.