[CentOS] CentOS to reside near a NTFS system

Sat Jul 19 22:07:08 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 7/19/2014 2:55 PM, wwp wrote:
> nor
> shrink the NTFS partition in order to install the CentOS6 system on
> disk.

I strongly dislike shrinking file systems in place, and prefer to backup
the whole FS, repartition the disk, then restore the FS to the new
smaller partition.   for Windows NTFS systems, I usually do this with
Acronis True Image Home.

but, I really dislike multibooting different OS's, its just a general
pain.    there's all sorts of gotchas, for example: do NOT let the
windows system hibernate instead of fully shut down if you're going to
touch NTFS with another OS or you'll likely get some hellacious file
system corruptions.