[CentOS] centos 7 yum dependency issue

Mon Jul 21 03:43:25 UTC 2014
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

> On 07/20/2014 08:25 PM, Tom Bishop wrote:
>> I had some packages that I needed to install and they have some
>> issues, I installed via rpm and did some linking and got them working.
>> However Yum still thinks that they are broken:
>
> They are still broken. Yum and rpm are not aware of changes made outside
> the package process structure. You likely had to do bad things to rpm to
> make these packages install in the first place.
>

>> ** Found 1 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
>>
>> has missing requires of python(abi) = ('0', '2.6', None)
>>

> Yep. If you got here, it's likely that you ended up using --force to
> install the package. This is a clear sign you're making a terrible
> mistake. CentOS 7 has python 2.7. Your packages need the python 2.6
> structure. There are a great many differences between the versions, so
> creating symlinks is not really going to help matters.
>
>> Yum appears to install whatever I need but spits that out at the
>> bottom, is there any way I can have it ignore this issue?  I searched
>> via google but most deal with resolving the issue, and I have but yum
>> is unaware.
>

> You're actively subverting the package manager, rather than addressing
> the issue. To fix this properly you would need to find a repository
> which contains these packages, built for CentOS 7. Linking won't fix this.
>
> --
> Jim Perrin
> The CentOS Project | http://www.centos.org
> twitter: @BitIntegrity | GPG Key: FA09AD77

Yes I know I do bad things all the time ;)

I knew what I was doing, been there done that. The packages are
working fine after I did some linking things to the correct spots,
nothing major.

I can live with the annoying message I was hoping there was an exclude
or forget option that I was not aware of that I could do so it
wouldn't complain any more.

Thanks.