[CentOS] screensaver in C7

Mon Jul 21 20:52:43 UTC 2014
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 07/21/2014 07:01 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:51:25AM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> On 07/20/2014 03:22 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
>>> I'm at the stage of poking at a C7 install in Vbox, and am struggling to
>>> figure out how to control the screensaver. there doesn't seem to be a
>>> gnome screensaver package (like there was in gnome2), and I can't find
>>> any installed packages that control it. gconf-editor doesn't have anything
>>> that looks promising...
>>>
>>> how does one control the screensaver in Gnome 3?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>>

>> I think System -> Tweak Tool -> Power or something like that is where
>> you configure Lock.
>
> thanks for the suggestion. but tweak tool doesn't contain (AFAICS)
> anything about blanking the screen (which happens) or the timeout used
> therefore, or about the fact that it also locks the screen. These
> things all used to be done in gnome-screensaver.
>
> this is my own personal workstation, and I'd like it to NOT lock the
> screen when tne screen blanks from a timeout (I probably would not want
> it to work that way at the office), but don't see any way to change that
> setting, wherever it is being set.

Google is your friend:

"If you go into the "Activates" then type "settings" click on the icon
that has a spanner and a screwdriver and says "Settings". When it has
opened, click on the the icon that looks like a lock dial and says
"Privacy". Now click on the item that says "Screen Lock" then click on
the toggle switch next the text that says "Automatic Screen Lock". Press
the button that says Close, and now the item that says "Screen Lock"
should have "Off" next to it."
https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/36256/how-do-i-disable-the-gnome-lock-screen/

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic