[CentOS] CentOS 6 and android connectivity (Nook)

Tue Jul 29 16:06:01 UTC 2014
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:01:42AM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Tom Bishop wrote:
> > As far as I know and I have played with a few, but never a nook (well
> > actually I bought one and quickly returned it, due to the adobe drm
> > stuff) you are going to have to play with mtp and most likely you will
> > want to run a newer version that is not in the standard repos, maybe
> > see what epel has.
> >
> > MTP is the choice for connections and can be a pain to get working and
> > when you do it is clunky and slow.
> <snip>
> Hmmm.... Maybe my ubuntu netbook remix might work... and I know I can
> rsync between it an my system.

If it is using mtp than Ubuntu's version should work.  It might be called
simple-mtpfs, not sure what they're using.

(My Nook Color is older.  I plug it into a machine and it's just seen as an
external USB drive.  I run dwm or openbox, so there is no Gnome
automounting--whether or not that makes any difference, I have no idea.)

For my android (you'll see long threads on both the forums and this list),
which uses mtp, I got mtpfs working on one CentOS machine, but not others,
and not on a FreeBSD machine.  Eventually, I just used the remote
capability of ES file explorer, which let me put an a mini FTP server on
the phone.  I don't know if the newer Nooks have something similar
avaiable, but it might be the easiest way to do it.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6