[CentOS] wget: unable to resolve host address “xxxxx”

Wed Jul 30 15:26:54 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/30/2014 09:40 AM, Theodore Si wrote:
> But how? Could you be more specific?
> I am using NAT to connect my virtual machine to the Internet.

What is the exact commend you are using that is not working?

192.168.80.128 is not a normal address, it is what is called an Internal
address.  See this link concerning 192.168 branch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

You would need SOMETHING to relate a name to that address, either in a
host file or someone would need to add the name to your DNS.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes