[CentOS] dlink ethernet pci card not detected

Thu Jul 31 18:17:15 UTC 2014
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 31/07/14 18:57, Ned Slider wrote:
> On 31/07/14 18:21, Sathish Kumar wrote:
>> my d-link ethernet pci card not detected in centos 7 even after i have
>> installed kmod forcedth driver..
>>

>> output of lscpi -nn
>>
>> 01:07.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6105/VT6106S
>> [Rhine-III] [1106:3106] (rev 8b)
>>
>> pl help
>>

> Why would you install kmod-forcedeth? That is the driver for the NVIDIA
> NIC. Please uninstall that package as it is not the correct driver for
> your device.
>
> The correct driver for your device is via-rhine.
>
> If you give me a couple hours, I will make you a driver package and
> upload it to the elrepo repository for el7.

Package built and uploaded to elrepo.org:

kmod-via-rhine-1.5.1-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64.rpm

It is currently syncing to the mirrors and should show up here shortly:

http://elrepo.org/linux/elrepo/el7/x86_64/RPMS/

Please let me know if it works as expected.

Thanks.