[CentOS] Google chrome vs network settings proxy?

Thu Jun 12 04:22:38 UTC 2014
Gé Weijers <ge at weijers.org>

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  However, I can start a chrome connection to gmail and it just goes
> direct (which happens to work, I just prefer the proxy which will use
> a different outbound route).   If I go to any non-google site, it uses
> the proxy and will pop up the expected authentication dialog on the
> first connection.   Does anyone know (a) why it bypasses the proxy
> when going to a google site, (b) why it doesn't have its own internal
> proxy settings, or (c) how to fix it?

Did you configure the proxy for HTTPS? Gmail uses HTTPS exclusively these
days, the certificate is pinned (hard coded) in Chrome to prevent spoofing,
maybe the protocol is too. Time for 'tcpdump'?

Gé

--
Gé