[CentOS] Mother board recommendation

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Jun 3 18:43:06 UTC 2014

On 6/3/2014 11:26 AM, Lists wrote:
> ECC is such a horrible pain in the rear.

seriously?     where did you EVER get this from?

any server thats storing data which is even remotely important, not
having ECC means that soft bit errors go undetected, leading to VERY
hard to detect data corruption.  and the more memory you have, the
higher the frequency of soft bit errors.

sure, you need to get the correct spec memory, you can't mix and match
random parts....     no different than anything else, from spark plugs
or tires for your car to clothes .     go ahead, try and put volvo 940
spark plugs in your mercedes 300te, see how well /that/ works.   and I
really can't get into my son's "M" t-shirts anymore, being that i'm
kinda XL.