[CentOS] FW: [Samba] Samba 4.1.7 + CentOS 6.5 - Home's directory mounting in W7 + Roaming of Profils

Pascal Blétard paddelman at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:29:25 UTC 2014

> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 05:39:47 -0700
> From: jdmls at yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba 4.1.7 + CentOS 6.5 - Home's directory mounting in W7 + Roaming of Profils
> To: paddelman at hotmail.com; centos at centos.org
> From: Pascal Blétard <paddelman at hotmail.com>
>
> > 1) Is it possible to configure Samba (4.1.7) directly from GNU/Linux (CentOS
> > 6.5) for automatically mount the user's home directory to "H:"
> > when he connects to the domain ?
>
> This worked for me:
>
> /etc/samba/smb.conf
>   logon script = logon.bat
>   logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
>   logon home = \\%L\%U
>   logon drive = h:
>
>   [netlogon]
>    path = /home/SAMBA/netlogon/
>    browseable = no
>    read only = yes
>    write list = Administrator root @smb-admin
>
> /home/SAMBA/netlogon/logon.bat
>   net use H: \\FILER\home
>   net time \\FILER /set /yes
>
> JD

Hello
Thank you for your reply.

I tried it first, but this seems doesn't working for me :/

- Can you send me your whole smb.conf (in particular for "sysvol" and "global" shares)
- Which OS on client? Win7 ?
- What's your distro GNU/Linux?
- Is it a for samba dedicated server? If yes, what's your dependances list ?
- I haven't the "smb-admin" group, have you created it?
- Which are your compilation's options for samba ?
- Which are your options for domain provision ?

I don't know why my environment differs of yours

Regards

Pascal Blétard