[CentOS] XFS project quota and samba

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator

goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Jun 11 08:37:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

I managed to configure project quotas on a xfs device on a centos 6.5
server. (just pquota in fstab, no grquota, rebooted server....)

Reporting the quota settings and usage looks good.

But mounting a smb-share with the proect quota enabled on my os x client
shows much less space used (3GB) and 0% free.

Currently 650 GB are used, the quota limit is set to 1TB.

My user I'm mounting the smb-share has no quota limits set.

The users are in ldap.

Any suggestions or hints what might be wrong?

	Thanks and best regards . Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt