[CentOS] yum install to a portable location

Dan Hyatt

dhyatt at dsgmail.wustl.edu
Wed Jun 11 16:26:13 UTC 2014

I have googled, read the man page, and such.

What I am trying to do is install applications to a NFS mounted drive,
where the libraries and everything are locally installed on that
filesystem so that it is portable across servers (I have over 100
servers which each need specific applications installed via yum and we
do not want to install 100 copies).

We tried the yum relocate and it was not available on Centos6.4

and
yum --nogpgcheck localinstall R-3.1.0-5.el6.x86_64

I want the binaries and all dependencies in the application filesystem
which is remote mounted on all servers.

Thanks,

--

Dan Hyatt