[CentOS] [not solved, but rather a workaround] [CentOS-devel] [OT, partly]epel question (Mate problem)

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Jun 28 23:32:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 05:47:02PM -0400, Fred Smith wrote:
<big snippage>
> [...]

There is a workaround for this problem:

Use ALT-F2 to open a prompt, type in "caja" (without the quotes) and voila,
the desktop icons appear, and a right-click context menu too, aas well as
an instance of caja. close the caja and the desktop remains.

This isn't the way it should work, but it is at least usable.

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked