[CentOS] FW: [Samba] Samba 4.1.7 + CentOS 6.5 - Home's directory mounting in W7 + Roaming of Profils

Thu Jun 5 15:33:02 UTC 2014
Toby Bluhm <tkb at alltechmedusa.com>

On 6/5/2014 9:29 AM, Pascal Blétard wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 05:39:47 -0700
>> From: jdmls at yahoo.com

> I tried it first, but this seems doesn't working for me :/
>
> - Can you send me your whole smb.conf (in particular for "sysvol" and "global" shares)
> - Which OS on client? Win7 ?
> - What's your distro GNU/Linux?
> - Is it a for samba dedicated server? If yes, what's your dependances list ?
> - I haven't the "smb-admin" group, have you created it?
> - Which are your compilation's options for samba ?
> - Which are your options for domain provision ?
>
> I don't know why my environment differs of yours

I think JD's setup is for samba3. Samba4 is written mainly for Active
Directory emulation - much more setup stuff is needed.

You should really be reading the samba4 wiki & email list. There's been
much work done lately to make the docs on the wiki more coherent and usable.