[CentOS] Upgrading openssl to openssl-1.0.1e-16.el6_5.7.x86_64

Mon Jun 9 12:11:03 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 6/9/2014 4:15 AM, srikanth chakravarthula wrote:
> Can we upgrade the OpenSSL version on earlier CentOS Versions 6.2/6.3/6.4
> with the latest Openssl version which has all the latest openssl
> vulnerability fixes from Cent OS repo.

6.2, 6.3, 6.4 are not centos 'versions', the version is CentOS 6.. 6.2
etc are just snapshots of the state of it at that point in time with no
further patches.

yes, you probably can just install openssl updates, yum update
openssl...  but such a mix of older packages with newer isn;t 100%
tested (there's far too many possible combinations to test).