[CentOS] Information Week: RHEL 7 released today

Tue Jun 10 21:56:36 UTC 2014
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 03:41:52PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:

> Several CentOS core developers are now Red Hat employees, and this
> changes nothing?

It has been repeatedly stated that there is an intellectual firewall in
place between the CentOS project and the relevant parts within the Red
Hat organization.  I have seen nothing to date to doubt that statement.

> During the ~6-month RHEL 6 to CentOS 6 effort, the reason for the delay
> is that Red Hat surprised everyone by changing a bunch of things.  Now
> we have people on the inside for 6 months, but everyone's still ignorant?

That was part of the published reason.  Another factor was the overhaul
of the build system.  There have also been builds of the EL7 beta and RC
components for months now.  I have thousands of reports from the mailing
list for these and complete build logs are available at
http://buildlogs.centos.org as well now.

							John
--
From empirical experience, your Exchange admin needs to put down the
crack pipe and open a window to disperse the fumes.

-- Ralf Hildebrandt