[CentOS] How to configure user accounts without NIS

Wed Jun 11 01:01:08 UTC 2014
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

On Jun 10, 2014, at 18:39, Andrew Holway <andrew.holway at gmail.com> wrote:

> Integrated linux domain controller -> http://www.freeipa.org/

I’ll look into this, but I was hoping for a solution that can be configured
via kickstart (similar to what I am doing now with NIS/Kerberos) without
the need for external software and/or services.

It’s ironic that I posted my question today, the same day that RHEL 7
was released, which has "support for direct use of Microsoft's Active
Directory”.  I’ve been meaning to post this question for a while, but as
usual, other things got in the way.  Anyway, I wonder if with CentOS 7 it
will be easier to coexist in a Windows environment.  I’ll start perusing
the RHEL 7 release notes one of these days.  In the mean time, if this
problem has already been solved with RHEL/CentOS 6, I’ve love to know.

Thanks,
Alfred