[CentOS] procmail and dovecot

Fri Jun 13 18:06:00 UTC 2014

Mike Burger wrote:
> On 2014-06-13 1:00 pm, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 12:50:52 -0400
>> Jason Pyeron wrote:
>>
>>> That's it. 15 users, with 20 2GB+ mbox files with a daily change of a
>>> 100k+ was killing our backup effort by having to backup .6TB every day.
>>
>> *shudder*
>>
>> Email isn't a database.
>
> Amen.
>
> Even at home, where I own/control the whole shebang, I limit the inbox
> size to 250M. Get close to or exceed that size, and you won't receive
> email...period.

I lost a bunch of stuff early this year... I hadn't broken out previous
years into year-folders. Old stuff was in earlier ones, and that was ok. I
really need to do that, and I can recover up until the beginning of the
years, once I figure out how to import an older t-bird file.

I'd *like* to use mdir - been thinking about it, but now that I see that
t-bird has problems with it.... Maybe I should go back to kmail....

        mark