[CentOS] Question about clustering

Mon Jun 16 14:08:51 UTC 2014
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

No. For fencing to be worthwhile, it *must* work when the node is in any
state. For this, it must be independent of node. A great way to see why
is to test crashing the node (echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger) or simply
cutting the power to the node. With the node totally disabled, the
surviving peer will fail to fence and, not being allowed to make
assumptions, block.