[CentOS] good thin client PDF reader for centos 6.4

Fri Jun 20 12:29:31 UTC 2014
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Peter Arremann <loony at loonybin.org> wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2014 10:12 PM, "Bob Hepple" <bob.hepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  <m.roth at ...> writes:

> servers?
> > > >
> > > evince, that I think is installed by default?

+1 for evince

>  > >
> > > Oh, and here's a neat one that's *not* a lightweight reader, that my
> > > manager introduced me to last year: xournal. It lets you *edit* .pdfs,

Awesome!
Thanks for sharing this one, Mark.

>  > > including the ones that don't intend for you to edit them. It was
> *really*
> > > nice to have that when we did our (US) state taxes - the federal forms
> are
> > > editable, but not the state, except I could with xournal.
> > >
> > >           mark
> > >

> > Nice find - but it lacks a 'Find' function unless I'm going blind.

You might be going the slightest bit blind...  :-D
On my version of evince there's a magnifying glass in the top right (plus
Ctrl+F keyboard shortcut works).

> > okular is another KDE one that I like - rpm is 703186 bytes
> >
> > epdview is another - rpm is 416642 bytes
> >

> > Bob
>
> I don't think that the rpm size has much to do with a lightweight process.
> Shared libs, bad programming, ... can all easily cause a small rpm to cause
> more disk space, memory and CPU usage than a larger one.
>
> If I have to do something remotely or just want a quick glance at
> something, I still use xpdf. Old interface but just like vi, once you got

Someone mentioned a reason or another why to switch away from xpdf.  I seem
to think it was that development was slow or nearly non-existent, but the
recent release is from May 2014 [0].  Eh, I'm probably thinking of
something else...

[0] http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html

--
Mike