[CentOS] mail delivery question

Sat Jun 21 19:48:36 UTC 2014
lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de>

Chuck Campbell <campbell at accelinc.com> writes:

> I've built a new mail system with Centos 6.5, and I'm running fetchmail -
> sendmail - procmail to maildir. I have all of this working at the moment.(I
> know, postfix was the default, but for lots of other reasons, I switched, and
> that isn't an issue, I don't think).
>
> I am using dovecot as an imap server. Procmail won't update indexes during email
> delivery, so I'm having some performance delays and lags when accessing the
> emails via imap.

Maildir doesn't have indexes.  Are you sure that the delays you're
seeing are from dovecot rebuilding them when someone accesses their IMAP
account?

>>From campbell at accelinc.com  Fri Jun 20 14:00:06 2014
>  Subject: Re: Uruguay gravity model description
>   Folder: /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -m /home/campbell/Maildir/         10470

Folder /usr/libexec/...?

> procmail: Unlocking "/home/campbell/.lockmail"
> procmail: Executing "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver,-m,/home/campbell/Maildir/"
> /bin/sh: /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver: Permission denied

That looks to me as if 'deliver' is not allowed to write to ~/Maildir.
As which user is it running?  Can it deliver when you run it as the same
user who owns ~/Maildir?

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.