[CentOS] firefox keeps downloading .iso files

Mon Jun 23 17:46:00 UTC 2014
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Michael Hennebry <
hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> Whenever I start firfox, it tries to
> download two .iso files into Desktop.
> Until recently,
> I wouldn't notice until it announced that it had run out of room.
> At that point I would click on the messages to make them go away.
> In the mean time, it had been chewing up bandwidth.
>
> One file, I had tried to download by mistake.
> Don't remmeber what I did with it on purpose.
> The other I downloaded into a partition with more room.
>
> I found this:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/926609
> I did not like the side-effects.
> For now, I've stopped the downloads by replacing
> the target files with empty unreadable files.
> Now I get an error message right away and it does not chew up my bandwidth.
> I'd lke a better solution.
> Any ideas?

I generally set Firefox to ask me where I want to download a file to (but
have it default to ~/Downloads/).

Firefox 24.6.0 is in the repo for CentOS6.  You're running 24.5.0 ...
update and see if it fixes?