[CentOS] Creating PDF with editable fields

Fri Jun 27 07:04:48 UTC 2014
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 12:52 AM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at buc.com> wrote:

> Do you have any suggestions for a good program to create PDF forms
> (linux or MS)?  I have a PDF document here that we have our customers
> fill out.  I looked into making it a form a while back, but I couldn't
> find any reasonable way to do it (there are a LOT of fields and
> check-boxes on this form).  All of the things I tried wanted to add
> visual elements to the form along with the fields and I don't have room
> on the form for that.  I just want to be able to say "allow typing here,
> here, here, ...".

Please name "All of the things I tried ...."  so that we can avoid
repeating what you may have already tried.

IIRC, LibreOffice has this feature and found the link below with
search keywords "creating pdf forms linux"
<http://www.maketecheasier.com/create-a-pdf-with-fillable-forms-in-libreoffice/>

Here is a how to with xournal (that Mark suggested in a different thread) + LO.
<http://askubuntu.com/questions/166875/create-fillable-or-editable-fields-in-a-pdf>

<sidebar>
Although your question is PDF related, it is deviating from the OP's
query (thread) about a light weight PDF reader.
In future, please start a new thread when the query is different.
</sidebar>

HTH
-- Arun Khan