[CentOS] Google Hangout Plugin Does Not Work For Other Users

Mon Jun 30 22:56:15 UTC 2014
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 06/30/2014 11:58 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've got the Google Talk plugin installed at:
>
>     File: libnpgoogletalk.so
>     Version:
>     State: Enabled
>     Version: 5.4.2.0
>
> And the Google Talk Plugin Video Renderer at:
>
>     File: libnpo1d.so
>     Version:
>     State: Enabled
>     Version: 5.4.2.0
>
> When I start of join a Google Hangout all works as expected for me.
>
> When another user on my system tries to start/join a Hangout she gets an
> error telling her that the plugin is not installed.
>
> When I check "about:plugins" under her login it says that the plugin is
> installed in the same location/version.
>
> I checked the file access settings and found all is set as expected,
> 755, on the plugin and it's directories all the was down to root.
>
> -rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root   273496 Jun  7 17:38 libnpgoogletalk.so
> -rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root   229784 Jun  7 17:38 libnpo1d.so
>
> Shouldn't this work system wide?
>
> If I try to install the plugin as firefox seems to think I should I'm
> told that I already have the pluging installed, which is true.
>
> Does anyone have a clue why it's refusing to start?

When you login as one person, and use a pulse audio daemon, if another
user is logged in at the same time as you, that other person can not use
(or see at all) a pulse daemon, I think even sound icon (speaker) is not
available.

It is possible that this is the similar thing, that when one person is
using it, no other can access it.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)