[CentOS] - automation script

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 02:15:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Lists <lists at benjamindsmith.com> wrote:

> That you want to have a "Central" or "Master" repo is no reason set
> things up so you have no ability to change your mind, IMHO. I cannot
> think of any significant features that SVN offers that Mercurial does
> not. We started with SVN before switching to Mercurial and there's no
> way we're going back.

The biggest thing for us is subversion's ability to use svn 'external'
properties at any point in a tree to reference any other svn URL.
Checkouts and updates automatically pull in those other locations into
your working copy.  That lets each component of a large project have
its own release schedule by tagging versions and the consuming
projects can each advance the versions they use as they are ready
simply by changing their external references.    And an automated
build system like jenkins will see anything new and rebuild as needed
simply by polling the top level project.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com