[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 install

Ted Miller

tedlists at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 3 01:40:09 UTC 2014

On 02/26/2014 03:01 PM, Kenny Noe wrote:
> Hello,  I'm a newbie so here's my question.
>
> I'm trying to install CentOS 6.5 on a HP Proliant 350e server.  This server
> has 4x 1TB hard drives.  I'd like to enable the hardware RAID 5 and stripe
> all 4 disk into one 3TB logical volume.  Then install CentOS on the 3TB
> volume.  However after I install I can't get the server to boot.

How far does it get on the process?  I set up an HP DL180 g5 server this
week, and had it refuse to boot because I had not designated the boot
volume when I set up the RAID.  Once I went in and designated the boot
volume, everything worked fine.

If you are getting GRUB, but it doesn't get all the way through to booted,
there are a lot of different places to get messed up along the way.  Tell
us more, and we can focus on where the your particular issue is.

Ted Miller
Elkhart, IN, USA