[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 install

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Mar 5 22:58:18 UTC 2014

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> >
>> Since I've never used gmail (and refuse to ever do so), I don't know the
>> interface... other that to note that *all* webmail ranges from "mostly
>> useable" (I'm using squirrelmail here at work for my own account) to
>> utterly lousy (i.e., Lookout, er, Outlook Web Access).
>
> Heh.   If you use gmail's web interface, you don't even care about how
> someone responds.  It will automatically hide the parts you've already
> seen, regardless of how they are quoted or whether they are
> above/below the new parts.  It replaces them with ellipses (...) that

Oh, what a wonderful interface... for folks who have no memory, or care
where a conversation's been. Thanks for giving me another reason (I should
want to search inside an email that's maybe 40 or 60 lines long, to see
what someone said?) that I *never* want to use it.
<snip>
> Also, I'm willing to bet that that Outlook Web server that you are
> ranting about is the decade+ old 2003 version.  The 2010 version is
> not bad at all (and I say that reluctantly, not being a big MS fan in
> general).  Sometimes newer is better.  Especially 10 years newer.

Nope, they've upgraded us to 2010 last year. The one good thing is that
they seem to have gotten rid of the vile ActiveX controls in the calendar,
and I now can see and turn off the "send reminders every 15 min by
default" when I've scheduled vacation time w/ my manager in firefox,
rather than having to go home, and fire up the work WonDoze laptop.....

       mark