[CentOS] gnutls bug

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Thu Mar 6 00:43:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 06:12:49PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Michael Coffman
> > updated.  I did not realize that once the OS was vaulted, there were no
> > more updates.   Now I know so thanks...
>
> No, what everyone has said is that there _are_ updates, and yum knows
> how to get them, even selectively.

More to the point, "6.4" and "6.5" are just markers in the sand for
"CentOS 6".  6.5 is basically just a rebasing of the packages to make it
easier to install; it's an accumulation of updates for 6.4 in an easy
to digest form.

If you stop thinking of "6.4" and "6.5" as different OS's but as the same
OS but at different parts of their patch lifecycle then it becomes a lot
simpler.

--

rgds
Stephen