[CentOS] gnutls bug

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Mar 7 17:18:56 UTC 2014

On 03/07/2014 11:57 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
>> I'm using CentOS myself, but if you need that particular feature of SL
>> it may be the better choice for you.
> Have you used yum-plugin-security?

Why yes, yes I have.  It is not equivalent to the SL versioning for the
particular use cases and scenarios for which the SL versioning method
was made.  By your response you indicate that you really don't
understand what SL is actually doing.  It's going one step beyond what
upstream is doing and adding a feature that some people and institutions
vastly prefer.

No, I am not advocating that this is the 'one true way' to do it; I'm
pointing the OP to something that was designed for a scenario much like
the OP's specific situation.