[CentOS] Loss of network connectivity | kernel: irq 68: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Sun Mar 9 15:38:50 UTC 2014

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014, James A. Peltier wrote:

> | Every few months I lose network connectivity and have to restart the
> | server:
>
> What kind of machine are you running this on?  If you have a BIOS
> check to see if there is an update available for it.  Assuming that
> you have the latest BIOS on the machine try booting with MSI-X
> disabled and see if it becomes more stable.

I'll second the suggestion for disabling MSI-X and add one: add
pcie_aspm=off to your boot-time kernel options.

You wouldn't happen to be running a SuperMicro mainboard with
onboard Intel 82574L NICs, would you? If so, I'll also suggest
installing the kmod-e1000e package from elrepo.org, which includes a
workaround for the bad PROM that's involved.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com
45°38' N, 122°6' W