[CentOS] Disk space warning ("gdu-notification-daemon" type) for remote systems

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:09:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:46 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Toralf Lund wrote:
> <snip>
>> Obviously. But like I said, I was wondering if there was a "more
>> automatic" way directly supported by the distro. Like, maybe you could
>> somehow configure "gdu-notification-daemon" so that it would
>>
>>  1. Start automatically independently of logins.
>>  2. Redirect notifications to a different system.
>>
> <snip>
> Perhaps a milter to forward a logwatch email (which goes to root) if
> there's a line that has on it "Warning. Disk Filling up"?

I think logwatch only runs once a day.   If something is being logged
you can catch it immediately with swatch.  And you can send a pop-up
to an X session with 'send-notify' - with the usual assortment of ways
to connect to remote sessions (along with the usual issues of having
permission to connect to sessions that aren't yours.).

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com