[CentOS] Anyone using trac on centos?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Mar 12 20:52:51 UTC 2014

Peter Brady wrote:
> On 13/03/14 5:02 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> (Besides Paul, who's busy?)
>>
>> I just need one question answered: I keep reading the docs, and given
>> the
>> old traditional
>> /var/www
>> I get that part of trac should be installed in /var/www/trac/<myproj> (I
>> think); what I can't figure out is whether there is *anything* under the
>> document root, that is, /var/www/html/trac/<myproject>.
>>
>> Anyone have a clue? Do I even need it as a placeholder, or does anything
>> actually go in there?
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I've got a couple of centos 6 VMs running trac and subversion.  One is a
> standalone single project and the other runs a multi-site install.  trac
> was installed from EPEL.
>
> For the single site install I've got a few things in /var/www/html:
>
> [root at develop www]# ls html/
<snip>
Thanks, Peter. Between you and Paul, and, of course, much googling, I've
got it working. I was completely thrown off by, basically, *NOTHING* being
under the DocumentRoot. Oh, and them having htdocs *under* their
non-doc-root stuff.

Installing the agilo-plugin was easy (well, I'll know when my user gets
going). Now shutting up selinux.... And no, what I found was *wrong*, it
was telling you to use chcon, which does *not* last across reboots.
semanage (bleah!)....

       mark